Website Privacy and Security Policy
Conduent is committed to handling the information you provide responsibly and confidentially and to preserving the privacy and security of the data and information of all users that is transmitted via this website and its associated web pages (collectively, "website"). All sensitive information supplied by users is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We will take every reasonable step to safeguard your personal information and its use. We have created this Privacy and Security Policy (this "Policy") to disclose Conduent's personal information gathering and dissemination practices for the website. This website allows users ("you") to participate in a social community with your peers. The provisions of this Policy apply only to information collected via the website. Other privacy policies and confidentiality provisions may apply to information that you provide to us outside the website including, but not limited to, individual contractual agreements for our products. We do not disclose confidential business information of our users to any third parties.
Users Outside of the United States
We make the website available for users located exclusively in the United States of America. Please do not use the website if you are located outside of the United States as this website’s personal information practices and the terms of this Policy may or may not comply with foreign laws.
Why We Collect Specific Information during Your Visit
We may ask for additional demographic and contact information to learn more about the types of users accessing the site and to help us provide you with services and products you may find of value. We collect information to:
- Ensure our clients have access to their products and services
- Help us understand who is using our website and why
- Improve overall user experience on our website through better functionality and design
- Gain user feedback to provide relevant content and services
- Collect user statistics and trends
- Date and time of access
- URL address of webpage visited
- Internet domain and IP address from which our website was accessed
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our website (if provided by the browser)
- URL address of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our website and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits, and we do not share this data with anyone outside of the Conduent professional development staff other than as set forth in this Policy.
Your Information May Be Used and Disclosed
Aggregated Information. We may share certain aggregated demographic information with our business partners regarding the users of the website. The aggregated data is used to help Conduent improve our user interface and target our content offerings to meet the needs of our customers, track operational problems, and improve the effectiveness and security of the website. This information does not identify you personally.
Internal Use. We will share your personally identifiable information within our business for the purposes of furthering our business, including analyzing your information and other users.
Protective Actions. We may use and disclose your personally identifiable information to the extent reasonably necessary to:
- Correct technical problems and malfunctions in how we provide our products and services to you and to technically process your information
- Protect the security and integrity of the website and our internet service, including without limitation, to enforce the website terms and conditions
- Protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others
- Take precautions of liability
- Respond to claims that your information violates the rights and interests of third parties
- Respond to judicial process
- Provide personal information, permitted under other provisions of law, to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety
- Send and receive messages regarding your use of the website
- Conform to the technical requirements of connecting networks
- Conform to the limitations of our service
- Conform to other similar technical requirements
Security Precautions. We use industry‐standard technology and equipment to protect data and information under our control from misuse, loss or alteration. We maintain security measures to allow only the appropriate personnel and contractors access to your information. Unfortunately, no system can ensure complete security, and Conduent and its affiliates disclaim any liability resulting from use of the website.
Notification of Changes to Policy. We reserve the right to change our information collection, use, and disclosure practices set forth in this Policy in response to changes in legal requirements or for other reasons. We will post any changes to this Policy on the website so our users and customers are always aware of the information we collect, use, and disclose. If at any point we decide to use or disclose your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you in writing, which may or may not be via email. If you object to the change to our Policy, then you may contact us using the information provided in the notice. We will otherwise use and disclose a user’s or a customer’s personally identifiable information in accordance with the Policy then in effect at the time the information was collected.
Protected Health Information. We do not ask for or have access to any "protected health information" as that term is defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009, and the Omnibus Rule updates of 2013, as amended, and their implementing regulations ("HIPAA/HITECH"). We will not inadvertently or intentionally access protected health information without there being a business purpose and request from a customer. In the event that we are provided access to any protected health information, we will execute all required agreements under HIPAA/HITECH including, but not limited to, business associate agreements, with those customers who provide us with access to any protected health information.
Links to Other Sites. Conduent’s websites contain links to websites of other public and private organizations. When you follow a link to another website, you leave the Conduent website and your website interactions are no longer protected by this Policy.
The Types of Registration Information We Request
Registration Form. To see certain pages on this website or to access services, you may be asked to complete a registration form. To complete the form you will be prompted to create and enter a username and password for use when you log in on the site. Your registration information is stored in our database as unique identifiers, and allows us to deliver the services to which you have subscribed.